Who hasn't felt that way? I feel it sometimes when I see other lampworkers' beads.
So I thought doing a blog post showing photos of my first beads would be fun (and very very scary). But then I decided it would be more fun to invite everyone to share their first beads, jewelry, whatever media you happen to work in.
Write up a blog post about your first pieces, share photos, follow the directions towards the bottom of this post for how to link up for the blog hop. We want to see part of your journey. FYI~I will check and comment on the links. If you link up something totally unrelated, I will delete it.
I will be sharing my photos later. After searching for the incriminating evidence, I realized a hard drive crash a few years ago must have eaten photos of my first beads. This means I have to go through the torture of retaking the pics. However, I want you all to get the party started. I will be along shortly.
ETA-a teaser photo for my first ever lampwork bead and piece of jewelry made with that bead:
When you have written your blog post, follow these directions to link up below:
1. Write up a blog post including photos of some of your first creations; whether it's beads, jewelry, even painting. Also show some recent work to demonstrate how far you've come. Include how long you've been working in this particular medium.
2. Copy the direct link of your blog post.
3. Come back to this post and scroll to the bottom where it says "This is a Blog Hop" below that is says: "You are next...Click here to enter." Click on it.
4. Follow the instructions to add your blog post.
5. Do not forget to select which photo from your post you want as the thumbnail or linky tools will select something random.
6. To add the blog hop to your post, click on the "get the code here" below the thumbnails and below "what is a blog hop". Click it and copy the link provided to add the blog hop to your blog (this is in lieu of placing a list of blogs on your blog post and it updates itself automatically).
7. Add the link to your blog post in html mode and republish.
Make sure you visit all the other blogs featuring their first pieces: