Friday, March 15, 2013

Sea Love

Whenever I feel stressed out (which is now) I start longing for a restorative trip to the ocean.  With the spring show season upon us, many bead and jewelry designers are working frantically to create enough stock for upcoming shows.  I have a two day show coming up this weekend, so I had intended to have a last minute designing frenzy on Thursday.   But when Thursday rolled around, I wasn't feeling well and about all I completed was this blog post and my laundry!  Panic!  My soul is yelling, "Take me to the ocean so I can relax and renew!"  The coast is only about an hour and a half from here and we hope to make a getaway soon.


Last week, I designed this necklace for a fundraising auction to provide performing arts opportunities for at-risk youth.  The lampwork heart with the ocean waves and the sand dollar bead are by Beads and Botanicals.  The "wing-ding" beads are by Genea Beads and both artists have a variety of the little lampies in this necklace, as well.

Washington State coast

It was while designing this necklace, that I realized how much I was longing for the sea. So, building on that theme, I am offering you a peek into the many, gorgeous ocean-themed art beads and components available from some of the talented artists on Etsy.  It is my hope that these artisan pendants will inspire your own ocean-themed creations as well.  Enjoy!








I made a treasury list, called Sea Love, if you'd like to check out more artisan jewelry components.

I go to the sea to relax and restore.  What do you do to find peace in frantic times?


Linda Landig
Linda Landig Jewelry

3 comments :

  1. That necklace is beautiful a perfect beachy creation. We'll be heading west for a long weekend in April can't wait!! Thanks for including my turtles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those turtles, Kristi! They are so unique. Wishing you dry weather & fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm w/you Linda - the sea does it for me, too! Or, if I can't go to the Sea, I could dive into all those gorgeous artbeads you have shown here - love them all!!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.