We’re not quite in March, but as it’s a Thursday, the day I usually post, I’m going to share my Component of the month for March.
Please excuse the phone pic… I was battling against the light and my battery died!
You will have probably noticed that much of my work is inspired by nature, especially creatures that fly. Luna moths are my favourite subject at the moment, and these have been hand carved in porcelain, glazed, fired and re-fired with precious metal lustres.
In real life, they’re beautiful insects, and quite cute looking. We’re not lucky enough to have them in the UK, but they’re common in North America, and can have a wingspan up to 115mm making them one of the largest. Mine aren’t quite that big, their wingspans are roughly 70mm.
This little guy’s wings are still folded as he has just emerged from his chrysalis so you can get a good look at his fuzzy legs and body. Cute!
And here he is with his wings fully spread... beautiful!
If you’d like to join in with the AJE team component of the month challenge and receive a (randomly chosen by me) Luna Moth pendant to use in one of your designs, it’s simple,
Agree to the points below and comment on this post and 2 lucky winners will have moths sent out to them.
- I will give away 1 component to each of 2 winners selected randomly from those who leave comments below this post. The design sent will be a surprise for the winners.
- Please include your EMAIL address in your comment so that I can contact you ASAP should you win.
- Please - only leave a comment if you can commit to creating a finished piece and blogging about it within the time given.
- The names of the two winners will be announced on Sunday March 2nd 2014
- This giveaway is open to US, Canadian, UK and European countries, but please be aware, US, Canadian & European addresses will have longer postage times (sometimes up to 3 weeks)
- The blog reveal will take place on Monday 31st March 2014