Monday, April 14, 2014

Scenes from Bead Fest Spring 2014

On Saturday, Colin and I headed out to PA for Bead Fest Spring.  I wasn't vending so I just wanted to spend the day with bead friends and do a bit of supply shopping.  We arrived around noon and had lunch with a few friends before we shopped for a bit.  At 2:00 we met up again and chatted and went through a pile of metal goodies that Heather Marston brought for us.  Thanks Heather!
Shout-outs to Staci Smith (wish I could have kept all those rings she made, lol!), Linda HanesMelinda Orr and Heather Marston!
I headed over to the artisan section after our meet-up and found Yvonne Irvin-Faus/MyElements and Michelle McCarthy/Firefly Design right next to one another.  We goofed around with some of the cutest ceramic lollipop pendants that Michelle had in stock.
Marti Brown/The Dragon's Odyssey was in the same section!  I buy all my niobium findings from Marti as you can't beat her selection and quality.  Not only is niobium easy on my ears but the colors tend to go nicely with my raku pieces!  Marti also makes fabulous polymer clay pendants!
Heather and Harry/HMB Studios was right across from Marti, Yvonne and Michelle.  They always have yummy lampwork beads in an assortment of fun shapes and bright colors.
Around the corner I found my buddy Diane Hawkey along with her super fun head beads!  I came home with a blue one!  Tracy Bell and Brenda Schweder were next to Diane and they were playing with lots of wire!
I eventually made my way over to Meg Fillmore Mullen/Bead My Love to bask in all her seed beady goodness.  I was so excited to see that she had turned some of my ceramic cabochons into kits!  When I need seed beads, Meg is my go-to gal.
I also visited with several other friends, including lampwork artist Donna McClaren/Beaded Chic (she brought her lovely daughter with her to help) and many more (I was too distracted at times to take photos).

It was a nice relaxing day for me and while I enjoyed not having the stress of vending, I think I'm going to take this show on next year.  I love being behind the booth and spending several days with my fellow bead people.  I look forward to seeing them all again at Bead Fest in August!

Happy Beading!

Diana P.
Suburban Girl Studio LLC

10 comments :

  1. Looks and sounds like you had a fantastic time! Of course how could you not have fun being surrounded by all of those beads and great people. Thanks for posting, I always enjoy reading about other's Bead Fest adventures! So where's the loot?! The only way to properly live vicariously through you is to see the goodies that you came home with! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm one of those terrible people who doesn't regularly photograph their loot. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Awesome pictures Diana, thanks for sharing your adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed experiencing BF vicariously through your post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was great seeing you on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Blog, Diana!!! Thanks for including me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was great seeing all the faces ...and with names attached too! Thanks for sharing these, Diana!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.