Monday, April 28, 2014

The Return of Mismatched Monday!

After I returned from the bead cruise last month I came away with an amazing amount of inspiration. I ended up creating and writing tutorials for 8 pieces that will debut in various bead magazines over the course of the rest of the year and into early next year.

A few days ago, I sat down thinking I would still be filled with inspiration but then nothing happened.  Apparently, I used it all up....or so I thought!  I decided to start organizing my massive bead collection and in the process I ended up finding lots of beads I forgot I even had!


Among the forgotten were these ceramic leaf pieces that Karen had made.  They were in two separate locations in my office.  Since they had the same glaze and theme I thought they would be perfect for some mismatched earrings!
I then made a whole new mess in my office searching for the perfect pieces to go with them.  I pulled some newly acquired czech glass, brass beads and a brass dragonfly that was in my bead cruise bag.

It was fun to return to the mismatched earrings again and now I feel the urge to make MORE!  Have you been inspired by organizing your bead collection?

Earring Resources:
Ceramic leaf charm & bead-Starry Road Studio
Brass dragonfly, ear wires, jump rings and bronze wire-Fusion Beads
Czech glass-Arte Bella Surplus
Brass beads-Hands of the Hills and Rings & Things

Happy Beading!

Diana P.
Suburban Girl Studio LLC

12 comments :

  1. Oh yes--I certainly have! Those earrings are adorable and indeed look perfect together ! jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration! My friend has been asking me for mismatched earrings for a year now...ever since your blog hop, actually, and I have not been able to come up with anything. Will try again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute earrings Diana. yes looking through my bead stash usually gives me new inspiration. Old beading magazines do too. I keep a couple in my car so that when I get stuck somewhere waiting I have something to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those two charms work so well as earrings! Different, but perfectly harmonious! I might have to go re-examine my ceramic stash with this in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those earrings are so durn cute! I get inspired a lot when I start playing with my beads. My problem is that I end up with a lot of beads lying around in piles and then end up not using them. Now that the bottom of my studio door is gone, I then have to put them all away..sigh. I have to get that door fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so fun! I am always finding things I forgot I had in my bead stash! My approach right now is to get busy making jewelry so I don't have to organize. Hopefully the organization comes during the process, or not, who cares!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are adorable, I have trouble mismatching but I really love how they look. I need to get over it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are super cute! I adore that glaze and think the earrings are perfectly mismatched.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - love what you came up with - you really made my beads sing in your design!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.