Monday, July 7, 2014

Further Explorations in Chain Maille

I can't stop.  I was warned that chain maille was addictive.  It's true.
I'm working on two projects right now, both of which I hope will become samples for my booth at Bead Fest.  The first involves these pretty autumn-hued anodized aluminum jump rings.
This is a box chain weave.  It was supposed to be a bracelet but I've decided to go ahead and turn it into a necklace.  Still needs several more inches before it's finished.
I'd like to add some of my ceramic leaf pendants and/or charms to it when it's done.
The other necklace I"m working on is for showcasing one of my clowny face pendants.
This is a Byzantine weave.  I love how the rainbow rings pop next to the black rings.
I'm still trying to get my technique right when it comes to opening and closing the rings properly.  Once I'm confident I have it down, I may start making jewelry to sell again.  I love the combination of chain maille next to my ceramic beads.  

If you find yourself wanting to explore chain maille I highly recommend C&T Designs and Blue Buddha Boutique for your ring supply.  All the rings I used in the above pieces were from both these sources.

Happy Beading!

Diana P.

7 comments :

  1. Those area both beautiful Diana. I did try chain maille, but I think there was just too much math in it for me. I'm positive they will both showcase your ceramics in a stunning way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I love chain maille!! I really love the first one!! Go Diana!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colored rings make it really spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. Chain maille is something I'm wanting to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly didn't know there were those packages of colorful rings for chain maille (at least here in Germany). Do they hold the color or can sweat, time etc. rub it off? The colors make it really interesting for me now to give it a try. I love your projects that came out of it!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.