Sunday, June 21, 2015

Pulling Together an Art Bead Palette

Back in January, I posted about how I use smaller art beads in my jewelry.  I thought you might like see how to go about pulling together a palette of art beads, so I created some photo collages for your viewing pleasure today!  Have fun!

Moonlit Sea

Midnight Skies headpins by Jen, Blue Striped Stoneware beads by Diana, Moonlit Ocean Waves pendant by Jenny, Bronze Moon Button by Cynthia Thornton, Dark Ink Blue hollow lampwork beads by Alisha White, and Triton Rounds lampwork beads by BeadFairy.
In this case, I was inspired by the Moonlit Ocean Waves pendant, by Jenny Davies-Reazor, so I went looking for more beads to both accent the pendant, and play off the theme of moon, night sky, and sea.

Steampunk

Stoneware Gear charms by Diana, Lasercut Gears by UmWowStudio, Ornate Keyhole Escutcheon charm by Jenny, Enameled Aqua Key charms by GardanneBeads, Stoneware Keyhole link by Diana, Gold Sparkles Pixidust lampwork beads by HeatherBehrendtGlass, and Spiral Bubble headpins by Jen.
It's no secret that I love the Steampunk movement - the juxtaposition of so many materials, textures, and themes sometimes makes it difficult to design though.  With this collection I am inspired by gears and cogs, keys and ornate escutcheons, bronze and copper.  Wouldn't these pieces be fun to design with?

Victorian Summer

Flower shank button by Lesley, Queen Anne's Lace rustic donut by Rebekah, Garnet Drop charms by Niky, Victorian Summer headpins by Jen, Tree of Life charms by Jenny, WeenyDings beads by Genea, and Flower headpins by Sue.
With this collection, I was inspired by the color palette of Jen's Victorian Summer lampwork glass headpins.  This palette falls WAY outside of my color comfort zone, but I still find it appealing!

Trail Ride

Spiral Fossil Disk by Karen, Speckled Porcelain Nugget beads by Diana, Silver Bird button by Cynthia Thornton, Wild Horse bead by Rebekah, Enameled Oak Leaf charms by Gardanne Beads, South West beads by Sue, and Beach Pebble beads by PlymouthRocks.
This collection is inspired by Rebekah's little horse beads, and the colors and sights that one might encounter on a dusty trail ride.  

My Creative Muse

Flower charm by Linda, CREATE Milagro amulet by Jenny, Rustic Speckle bead by Rebekah, Leaf headpins by BeadFairy, Bronze connector by Lesley, and Corkscrew Swirl lampwork beads by Alisha White.
I have one of Jenny's CREATE amulets, very similar to this one, and I've always wanted to make myself a necklace that attracts my creative muse.  Surely beads this lovely will do that, right?

Our own Linda Landig is also a pro at combining multiple small art beads and components into one fabulous piece of jewelry.  Just look at these!
I hope all of this collective eye candy inspires you to dig through your stash of smaller art beads and start using them in your work!  We would love to see what you make!

3 comments :

  1. I am drooling over all of those beads and palettes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these wonderful beads. My mouth is watering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! It has such a great mix of art mediums. Quality stuff! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.