It's my turn to host the AJE component of the month challenge for October. October might be my favorite month of the year because I just love the colors of autumn, Halloween is my favorite holiday, the brisk fresh air, starting up the fireplace again, roasting marshmallows in the fire pit outside, sweaters, doing the final yard clean-up and getting a break from weeding for several months....HA!
So when I was considering what I would offer as the COM, I considered several options. I have a new black kitten in my family to match the black cat we already have. So beads with 2 black cats...very Halloween-ish. I considered an autumn tree so I could kill two birds with one stone and use it for the tree challenge a couple days ago. However, ultimately, I decided I wanted to try my hand at making sugar skulls. There are some beadmakers who create masterpieces of extremely elaborate sugar skulls and they are AMAZING! I am not good at detail because my patience level is pretty low. So I went for a more "primitive" folk art style sugar skulls.
GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED
I will be selecting two readers to participate in the design challenge (READ DETAILS BELOW!!!) along with several members of the Art Jewelry Elements team. If you'd like the chance to play along with us here's what you need to know...
- I will give away two sugar skull beads of my choice to two winners selected randomly from those who leave a comment on this post. Please note: your comment must include your email and blog addresses so we can contact you should you win. Comments lacking this info will not be considered.
- Please only leave a comment if you can can commit to creating a finished piece and blogging about it on the reveal date.
- The names of the two winners will be announced on Tuesday October 4th.
- the giveaway is open to participants from all countries but please be aware, components will be mailed from the US and international postage can take up to 3 weeks.
- The blog reveal will take place on Sunday October 30th.